Balsamic Dressing – submitted by Gretchen C., compliments of Elliott Grows
This concoction is perfect for spring. Fresh strawberries are abundant. Make a batch on Sunday and enjoy a clean salad dressing (no soy or canola oil) that will last all week.
Organic food delivered every two weeks see www.yourhealthsource.org.
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ½ T balsamic vinegar
- 1 T honey
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (pressed, crushed or minced)
- ½ teaspoon each of salt & pepper
- 1 T Italian dried herbs or 3 T fresh (fresh rosemary from my garden)
- ¼ cup fresh strawberries or blueberries
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Store in refrigerator up to one week.