Another hearty meal that could be doubled for more than one dinner.
Organic food delivered every two weeks, year round. www.yourhealthsource.org
- 2 - 3 onions, finely chopped
- 1 Tbls. Coconut oil or butter
- 1 package beef stew meat (grassfed/grass finished beef)
- 2 cartons or 8 cups beef broth, or water 2 - 4 cups water (in addition to the broth/water above)
- 6 - 7 medium potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 8 - 10 carrots, cut into small circles
- 1 small can organic tomato paste
- 1 28 oz can chopped tomatoes
- The following spices to taste: oregano, celery seed, salt, pepper, parsley. Add more of these items if you did not have broth on hand.
- In the bottom of a large stockpot, sauté onions for several minutes in oil.
- Brown meat until the outside of each chunk is cooked, but still raw in the middle.
- Add liquids & other ingredients to the stock pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low, cover.
- Let cook for a couple of hours.
Serve with a Honey Whole Wheat Muffin (try those with cheese or sunflower seeds added) Enjoy!