These little beauties can be kept indefinitely in your freezer. Make 1/2 the size of the ones below if you want a bite size snack instead of a large ball. Haven’t had a guest yet that didn’t love Cashew Carob Balls. . .
Organic food delivered every two weeks, year round. www.yourhealthsource.org
- 2 cups raw cashews, pecans, or almonds
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 cups organic rolled oats
- 1 cup local, raw honey
- 1 cup unsweetened organic coconut shreds
- 1 cup organic raisins
- 1/2 cup carob chips or chocolate chips
- Using a blender, blend nuts and water until smooth
- Blend in honey
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl
- Pour blended mixture over dry ingredients and mix together (with a spoon) until thoroughly mixed
- Form 1 inch balls. Refrigerate or freeze for half an hour before serving.
- Makes 2-3 Dozen Treats (depending on how big you make them)