Have zucchini on hand? Try this tasty, nutritious bread. If you like a bit of dark chocolate, you will love this recipe!
- 3 cups freshly milled wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (Rumford aluminum free)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (again, aluminum free)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sucanat sugar
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup half melted butter, and half coconut oil OR 1 cup of either
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2.5 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
Preheat oven at 350 degrees F. Butter (2) 9 by 5-inch loaf pans. (or use Liquid lecithin mixed with olive – makes a GREAT nonstick spray)
Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, spices and baking soda.
In a large bowl, beat eggs thoroughly. Add sugar/honey, and continue beating until well blended. Stir in oil, vanilla, zucchini, pecans, chocolate chips, and orange zest. Stir in dry ingredients. Pour into prepared loaf pans.
Bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove loaves from pans and cool. Enjoy!