Cornbread Dressing for your family! Who doesn’t enjoy dressing alongside turkey and gravy. (this is a double batch and can be made ahead, even frozen if needed)
Organic food delivered every two weeks year round. www.yourhealthsource.org
- Cornbread for Dressing
- 4 cups corn meal
- 4 cups flour (freshly milled whole wheat is what we use)
- 5 tbls baking powder (aluminum free)
- 1 tbl sea salt
- 4 c organic milk
- 4 pastured eggs
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbl sucanat or natural sugar
- mix and bake 450 Degrees 25-30 minutes
- 1 1/2 Cake pans cornbread (see recipe for cornbread)
- 2 batches of biscuits (24 biscuits) (see biscuit recipe)
- Bake these - crumble and let dry.
- mix in seasonings , onions and celery and broth
- .62 oz can sage, 1 tbl alt pepper to taste (I like lots)
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 onions
- 6 cans chicken broth (14.5 oz)
- Sauté onions and celery bunch chopped and 1-2 large onions. Sauté until el dente or you may just add them to your dressing raw and bake. Both ways are good. In a large bowl, crumble cornbread and biscuits into the bowl. Then put dressing in large cake pan.
- (Use just enough broth and turkey drippings to cover dressing 1/2 in on top )
- Bake @ 375 approximately 1 1/2 - 2 hours serves 18-20 adults
If you currently receive food from our Organic Food Service (Co-op Style or Boxed to your Door) , thank you! If you not, we would love to welcome you as a new customer. See organic food delivery for more details.