Adapted from Simply Recipes with wholesome, whole food ingredients. The result is delicious fun! Enjoy this large recipe!
Organic food delivered every two weeks, year round. www.yourhealthsource.org
- 3 cups flour (whole wheat from freshly milled grain)
- 3 tsp baking powder (aluminum free)
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 sticks butter (use salt free when you can)
- 1 1/2 cups sucanat (you could probably drop this to 1 cup)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups organic dark chocolate chips
- 3 cups rolled organic oats
- 2 cups organic coconut shreds
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- I added 1 cup of water to make my dough stick better - it's a fairly dry dough
- Preheat oven to 350 - mix ingredients and press cookie dough into balls and put on cookie sheet.
- We like to use about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons of dough for each cookie.
- Ours worked best if we pressed/rolled the dough in our hands to make the mixture stay together.
- Cook for 13 minutes, makes 6 dozen cookies