Organic food delivered every two weeks, year round. www.yourhealthsource.org
- 8-9 cups of water
- 2 cups of wheat flour (approx. 1.5 cups of wheat berries-freshly milled)
- 2 TBS butter (optional, could use coconut oil)
- Sweetener to taste (we used about 1/4 cup grade B natural maple syrup)
- How many servings do you want to make? figure 1/4 cup of flour for every serving and 1 cup of water
- Bring the water to almost boiling in a 5qt pan. While the water is heating grind the wheat berries on coarse in your mill.
- Some blenders will grind wheat into a fairly fine powder as well.
- Just before your water is boiling, stir in the ground wheat with a whisk until throughly mixed. Stir constantly for 3-4 minutes then turn off the heat and add sweetener. Serve hot and enjoy!
You can use whatever type of wheat that you have on hand, pastry wheat, prairie gold or red wheat.
Fun options to add or top the meal with:
Applesauce as a natural sweetener
Diced apples with cinnamon
Ground or Unground flaxseed
How do you make your cream of wheat?