Crepes are something we learned about after our son traveled overseas. He fell in love with light, delicious crepes in France.
We whipped up this whole grain version and are thrilled with the tasty results! Try your hand at making crepes and let us what you think.
Organic food delivered every two weeks, year round, www.yourhealthsource.org
- 2 cups fresh milled wheat flour
- 4 organic eggs
- Combine eggs & flour in mixing bowl
- 1 cup whole organic milk
- 1 cup filtered water
- Mix into flour and egg mixture
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 Tbl spoons of organic softened butter
- Make sure all ingredients are well mixed, no lumps. Batter should be rather thin.
- Place ½ cup of batter into pre heated stainless steel lightly oiled skillet and gently lift pan in small circular motion to spread batter thinly in bottom of pan.
- Cook for approximately 2 minutes and then flip crepe over and cook for 1 minute.
- Crepe should be very thin like a tortilla and be very soft and flexible.
- We added small pecan pieces to the batter for a different twist.
- Then we made a sauce of ½ cup organic half & half plus ½ squeezed lemon and 1 Tbl spoon of organic sugar. Mix quickly with a whisk until it thickens a little. Pour over your rolled up crepe and enjoy.
- You can fill your crepes with organic yogurt, banana slices, organic peanut butter, blue berries and what ever other creative fillings you enjoy.
Enjoy!! How do you like your crepes?
If you currently receive food from our Organic Food Service (Co-op Style or Boxed to your Door) , thank you! If you not, we would love to welcome you as a new customer. See organic food delivery for more details.