Need a little lovely cake that won’t make you feel guilty? This one rocks and is made without flour or oil. All you need are fresh medjool dates and a few other simple ingredients. Add some creative flair and you have something beautiful in less than 30 minutes!
This date log has only 3 ingredients – chopped cashews, mashed dates, and organic shredded coconut. You can roll it into a log or shape it into any shape you like. Hearts at Valentines and candy canes for Christmas. If it is for someone special, you could shape it with their first initial. Use your imagination and share your ideas please!
Organic food delivered every two weeks, year round. www.yourhealthsource.org
- 1 -2 lbs organic medjool dates (go organic here as dates are HIGHLY sprayed)
- 1/2 cup - 1 cup chopped cashews
- 1 cup of shredded organic coconut
- Slice open dates and remove seeds. Mash by hand or use a food processor or blender. You will need to add a little water and mash in small amounts if you use a machine. If you mash by hand just imagine working into a dough, much like play dough.
- Put the mashed dates into a bowl or on a cutting board and add in the chopped cashews. Mix in coconut if you wish. Finally, shape, sprinkle with shredded coconut, chill and enjoy!
- Dark chocolate chips are a good addition or carob chips.