Oh boy! This is a modified THM recipe (Trim Healthy Mama) One of my closest friends and long time co-op member shared this jewel with us and we have eaten it happily several times. What I like most about this recipe is how fast it can be prepared and I can have the ingredients ready ahead of time so it’s ultra easy to pull together in a hurry.
Organic food delivered every two weeks see www.yourhealthsource.org.
- 1 head shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 head shredded red cabbage
- 1-2 lb shredded or thinly sliced carrots
- 1 chopped bok choy
- ginger powdered or fresh to taste
- 2 lb of pastured ground beef
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 to 1 onion chopped
- Brown ground beef with onions and garlic in a skillet. Stir fry veggies in a wok or large pan. We love to make up large amounts of the shredded veggies so we can make this meal quickly at least two times. Have fun with this one!
This is a large recipe! You might want to cut everything in half if you are feeding 4. We fed 10 with a little left over meat.