Want to give gluten free a whirl? Enjoy these tried and true gluten free pancakes, submitted by co-op member, Christine C.
Christine’s family has made this recipe as a special breakfast, over and over again. Who said gluten free is boring or tasteless?
Organic food delivered every two weeks see www.yourhealthsource.org.
- 1/3 cup quinoa flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal (blue cornmeal is what was used in the picture)
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoons natural sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk (or sub with unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 egg
- Mix together dry ingredients. Add milk, egg and oil. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto prepared griddle. Note: griddle or pan is hot enough when you sprinkle water and the water bounces and sizzles. Turn cakes as soon as they are puffed and full of bubbles but before the bubbles break.
Try these pancakes and let us know what you think. . .did you modify them? What are your favorite toppings?