Need to add some color? Try golden beet salad! Make this dish early in the week and enjoy it 3-4 days.
Organic food delivered every two weeks, year round. www.yourhealthsource.org
- Steam or boil beets at least 1 bunch of beets (I slice mine before steaming/boiling into halves or large chunks) When they cool you can slip the skin off by pressing your fingers against the skin. The only draw back to beets is that they can be very messy. Work quickly - if they are thoroughly cooked, the skins will slip off easily. Cut into bite size pieces.
- 1 bunch of beets (prepped as instructed above)
- Slice or finely chop red 1/4 onion
- In a bowl add 1/4 cup organic lemon juice,
- ¼ cup or less extra virgin organic olive oil
- 2 pressed cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- Mix well and pour over beets. chill. Serve cold.
- My friend Christine gave me this recipe and she uses red wine vinegar instead of lemon juice and she also adds feta cheese at the very end.