Wow your friends and family! Try this from scratch organic chocolate birthday cake. Freshly milled flour, real butter, farm fresh eggs, seas salt, cocoa and natural sugar. YUM to the MAX!
Organic chocolate birthday cake
- CAKE INGREDIENTS
- 2 cups sucanat (natural sugar)
- 1 3/4 cup wheat flour from freshly milled whole wheat
- 3/4 cup Organic Cacao (coco) powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking powder (aluminum free)
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1 cup milk (coconut, almond, any milk)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin coconut oil (if it's solid, warm it to liquid state)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- ICING INGREDIENTS
- Blend in electric mixer until light and creamy:
- Stick (1/2 cup) organic butter unsalted and softened to room temp
- 1/2 to 1 block of cream cheese
- 6 TBL. Agave nectar (could sub other sweetener, like sucanat)
- 1/4 cup organic cacao powder (stir through strainer to remove lumps)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Cake ingredient instructions: Grease and flour two 9-in. round baking pans. (I used one 9x13 rectangular glass pan)
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on med. Speed 2 min. Stir in boiling water (batter will be very thin). Pour into pan.
- Bake 30-35 min. or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Frost.
If you currently receive food from our Organic Food Service (Co-op Style or Boxed to your Door) , thank you! If you not, we would love to welcome you as a new customer. See organic food delivery for more details.