Healthy Chocolate Truffles Healthy Chocolate Truffles Healthy Chocolate Truffles
Must try them! Must try them!
Healthy Chocolate Truffles by Weston Brown
Organic food delivered every two weeks, year round. www.yourhealthsource.org
- 8 ounces of bittersweet chocolate or semi sweet (Baker's 48% Sweet Chocolate Bar works great) - chopped into small bits
- ½ cup organic whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder
- Using a small saucepan, bring the heavy whipping cream to a simmer. Stirring constantly.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a separate bowl.
- Pour warm cream over the chocolate, add the vanilla.
- Let stand for 5 minutes then stir until smooth.
- Allow to cool, then place in the refrigerator for two hours.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out and shape into balls or little blobs. Blobs are the best!
- Roll each ball in cocoa powder. Place in a container and if you need to layer them, use parchment or foil between the layers.
- Store fridge until ready to serve.
- You can change this recipe by adding a drop of mint extract to the chocolate or choose 1 teaspoon of cinnamon for a different flavor. Almond extra can replace the vanilla extract as well.
How do you make your chocolate truffles?
If you currently receive food from our Organic Food Service (Co-op Style or Boxed to your Door) , thank you! If you not, we would love to welcome you as a new customer. See organic food delivery for more details.