Friends, if you don’t make your own healthy popcorn, you have NO IDEA what you are missing! No “off” flavors from packaged popcorn mixes. No chemicals and no need for a microwave! Healthy popcorn to live for! (really!!!)
Go by feel, but the way we make healthy popcorn is with yummy coconut oil.
Organic food delivered every two weeks! www.yourhealthsource.org
- 1 5 quart soup or stock pot
- 1 TBL of coconut oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup popping corn
- Sea salt to taste
- Nutritional Yeast (super delicious, B-12 boost, CHEESY flavor)
- Just put enough in the pan (5 quart soup pan/stock pot works great) to make sure the bottom is covered with oil - 1/2 cup corn kernels and 1- 2 generous TBL of coconut oil. Heat on the stove (with the lid on the pan). When you begin to hear the kernels popping, gently shake the pan to keep any popped corn from burning. When the kernel popping slows down, you know you have popped most of the corn.
- Dump the contents of your hot pan into a large bowl - add in sea salt and nutritional yeast (super yummy stuff)! Nutritional yeast is the secret ingredient. Try some and let us know what you think!
If you currently receive food from our Organic Food Service (Co-op Style or Boxed to your Door) , thank you! If you not, we would love to welcome you as a new customer. See organic food delivery for more details.