Add warm biscuits and whipped butter (see the post about butter) to almost any meal and you will be delighted. Something about bread or biscuits fresh from the oven satisfies and rounds out dinner.
Organic food delivered every two weeks, year round. www.yourhealthsource.org
- 2 1/2 tsp Italian spices OR use the following spices
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. basil
- 2-2 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbls. Baking powder (aluminum free)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter
- ½ cup milk
- Combine all dry ingredients
- With your hands work in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead it about 6 times.
- Pat out the dough to a ½-inch thickness. Use a 2-inch biscuit cutter to cut out the biscuits.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes. Do not overcook. Serve hot or warm.