Organic food delivered every two weeks, year round! www.yourhealthsource.org
- 1/4 cup unsweetened organic cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup organic sugar (1/4 cup would be good, too)
- 1/3 cup hot water
- pinch sea salt
- 4 cups milk - we are using farm fresh milk
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 tiny drop of peppermint oil for Peppermint Cocoa
- Combine the cocoa, sugar, water, vanilla and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Over medium heat, stir constantly until the mixture boils. Lower heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Stir in the milk with heat set to medium, but do not boil.
- Remove from the heat Serve immediately. We like to whisk ours so the milk is frothy on top!
- If you do boil, the cocoa will form a harmless but yucky film across the top when you serve it.
- adapted from: http://www.momables.com/how-to-make-homemade-hot-cocoa/