We made this bread by hand for a holiday dinner. Lovely mini loaves instead of large loaves and the bread was heavenly! Leftover bread was eaten over the next two days as breakfast toast with butter.
Organic food delivered every two weeks, year round. www.yourhealthsource.org
- Mix the following:
- 2 c. milk (warmed so your yeast will activate)
- 1 c. water
- 1/2 c. honey
- 1/3c. olive oil
- with 2 1/4 c. wheat berries, freshly milled into flour
- add 1 egg and mix well
- Add: 2 Tbsp. yeast
- 2 c. whole rolled oats
- Mix thoroughly and let sit for 15 minutes until bubbly.
- Add: 1 Tbsp. sea salt, heaping
- add 3 1/2 more cups of flour
- Mix/Knead for about 5 minutes
- Add: 1/2 c. chopped walnuts/pecans
- Divide into 3 loaves & shape. Add milk soaked whole oats to the top & rise. (approximately 1/2 cup of oats to 1/4 cup milk)
- Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes.
- Brush with warm honey and cool.
Submitted by Lindy H.