Kale is dark green and one cup is bursting with approximately 5 grams of fiber! If you haven’t tried it, please run right out and buy some. Really. ..don’t wait! You have no idea what you are missing! Your body will love you for it. Kale is exceptionally nutritious and hardy. When you make kale salad, you can make a large batch because it will last and last in the fridge and make nutritious eating easy because you don’t have to make a new salad every day. Spice this one up as much as you like!
Organic food delivered every two weeks see www.yourhealthsource.org.
- 1-2 bunches bunch organic kale, rinsed and cut with scissors into small pieces (skip the stalks if you want or cut them very thin, in rounds)
- 1 organic lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup Nama Shoyu or Tamari (healthier versions of soy sauce)
- 2 Tbl. organic onion minced (or 1/4 medium onion sliced) Purple onion is great here
- 1 Tbl. organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Mix ingredients together and toss with kale. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
If you currently receive food from our Organic Food Service (Co-op Style or Boxed to your Door) , thank you! If you not, we would love to welcome you as a new customer. See organic food delivery for more details.