If I can get you excited about cabbage, I’ll feel like I have accomplished something very good! Cabbage is nutrient dense and easy to prepare. You can make this salad and enjoy eating it over several days.
Organic food delivered every two weeks, year round. www.yourhealthsource.org
- 2 C. finely shredded green cabbage
- 1 C. finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 1/2 C. shredded carrots
- 1/4 C. finely chopped green onions or leeks or other onion
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. organic sugar or raw local honey
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients. Toss well. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!