Lemon kale salad? with Berries? Total hit with family and friends! A dear southern friend has served this salad several times with great success.
In my book, kale is always a winner. Love lemon and love kale! Add some berries and whoa!
- 6 cups of Kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 slivered almonds
- diced monterrey jack cheese or feta to taste
- Lemon Vinaigrette:
- 3 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp of minced fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp of Honey
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup (or less) of light olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place ALL vinaigrette ingredients in blender except olive oil and pulse for 2 minutes. Slowly drizzle in olive oil and blend till emulsified. Pour over salad ingredients.
Organic food delivered every two weeks, year round. www.yourhealthsource.org