Delicious! Hardy! Filling! We make meatballs with grass finished, ground beef. Sprinkle with some freshly grated parmesan cheese to add to the delight. Hope you try this one soon and let us know what you think! Use this link for Homemade Pasta Sauce http://www.yourhealthsourceblog.org/pasta-sauce-homemade/
Organic food delivered every two weeks, year round. www.yourhealthsource.org
- 2 cloves garlic (pressed or finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs or 4 Ak Mak crackers finely crumbled (if you want gluten free, just use a gluten free bread or oatmeal or gluten free cracker here)
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup grated raw cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped parsley (if you use dried, only 1 Tablespoon)
- 1 tsp. dried Italian spices
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Once above is well mixed, add 1 lb of ground beef and remember not to overwork the meat. Grass fed and finished meat is the best.
- Form into 1 - 1 1/2 inch meatballs and place inside sauce in skillet. Let cook for 20-25 minutes. Cut one meatball to make sure they are done. (or try slow cooking in a crock pot)
Cook up your favorite whole grain pasta (we use spelt rotini), add a side salad and possibly another vegetable. You’ll have a satisfying meal.
While you’re at it, double everything meatballs and freeze the meat before cooking so you have a quick meal on hand.