Navy beans with shredded carrots. Gotta try this one! We love love love this recipe especially because navy beans cook quicker than other beans. Fast is fun in our house!
Organic food delivered every two weeks, year round. www.yourhealthsource.org
- 2 ½ pounds dried beans (soaked over night - then drain and rinse the next morning)
- 2 TBL coconut oil in stock pot
- Add 1 chopped onion, sauté 'til translucent
- Add 2 garlic cloves, pressed or diced
- Cover generously with filtered water
- Add 2 TBS sea salt (add more if desired)
- Add 2 cups of shredded carrots just before serving
- Pepper to taste
- Cook on medium to high heat until you see a consistent boil.
- Lower heat and continue to cook for 1 hour or until beans are tender.
- Keep an eye on the water and add more as needed.