Who doesn’t remember a good old fashioned sloppy joe from their childhood? Sloppy Joes can be made with all natural, nutritious ingredients. Easy on mom and often a favorite! This very simple recipe is tried and true, submitted by a sweet mom and friend, Jessica Fuester.
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 medium size bottle of ketchup
- Cook the meat and onions together.
- Then add all other ingredients. Cook for at least one hour, but if you have time cook for a few hours.
- Once that bottle of ketchup has been emptied into the pot, fill the ketchup bottle halfway with water and add to pot.
Organic fruits and vegetables delivered every two weeks, year round. www.yourhealthsource.org