Want to try something fun and different? Organic German pancakes made from scratch with freshly milled pastry wheat. These German pancakes are golden, fluffy and high in protein.
Serve with a squeeze or two of fresh lemon juice along with your favorite natural sugar and a touch of 100% maple syrup. (organic powdered sugar, local raw honey or 100% pure maple syrup) Tip: if you don’t keep powdered sugar on hand, just put sucanat into your dry blender and you will have powdered sugar.
Organic fruits and vegetables delivered every two weeks, year round. www.yourhealthsource.org
- 1 cup of flour (we use freshly milled pastry wheat flour)
- 1 cup of organic milk (try almond or coconut milk too)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 6 eggs, pastured eggs
- warm muffin tins, in oven heated to 380-400 degrees
- 1/2 stick organic butter
- Cut butter into thin pieces and put into each muffin hole.
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients together, then pour into prepared muffin tins. Fill each muffin tin 1/2 way
- Bake at least 15 minutes - up to 19 minutes for browner cakes.
- serve with powdered organic sugar, fresh squeezed lemon juice and 100% maple syrup
- another variation: peanut butter and maple syrup or fruit spread
Organic food delivered every two weeks, year round. www.yourhealthsource.org