Organic food delivered every two weeks, year round, www.yourhealthsource.org
- 2 lbs. bakers semi sweet chocolate
- 1/3 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2/3 cup "diced" candy cane (I use a knife to cut them but a faster way though less consistent would be to hammer them in a plastic bag)
- break up chocolate in smaller prices and melt in a double boiler
- Whilst the chocolate melts chop up candy canes and set aside.
- Once the chocolate is melted, throughly mix in peppermint extract.
- Spread melted peppermint chocolate over 2 cookie sheets lined with parchment paper and spread to even consistency then sprinkle on chopped candy canes. Use something flat to gently press them into the chocolate so they don't fall out later.
- Place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes or till completely solidified. Now break into pieces (about 2"x2") and store in a sealed container or gift bag.
- Melt the chocolate over low/very low heat. Don't rush it or it won't turn out very nicely.
- If you use peppermint essential oil only use 2 drops and taste and maybe add a third. It's supposed to taste like chocolate with a hint of peppermint, not the other way around:)
- Never let any water get into the melted chocolate. Make sure all utensils are completely dry before use
- Instead of parchment paper I use silicone baking sheets
If you currently receive food from our Organic Food Service (Co-op Style or Boxed to your Door) , thank you! If you not, we would love to welcome you as a new customer. See organic food delivery for more details.