Perfect Peppermint Patties!
Organic peppermint treats? Yeah baby!
Love peppermint? Love easy treats you don’t have to feel bad about? Love all things healthy and organic?
Stop what you are doing, run to the store and pick up ingredients for this super tasty treat! Better yet – have the ingredients delivered with your next organic box of fruits and veggies. (see www.yourhealthsource.org and ask for a dry good list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
Rush home and whip them up! Make a double batch because you are likely to gorge on the first batch. Share some with friends. . wow them. . it’s ok!
Organic food delivered every two weeks, year round! www.yourhealthsource.org
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil, liquified, but not hot. Room temperature is ideal.
- 1/2 cup local raw honey
- 3/4 cup organic unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 24 drops Peppermint Oil or 1 Tsp Peppermint Oil
- 2 cups of organic chocolate chips, we like 65% cacao chips
- HAND MIX with a fork (VERY EASY TO DO) process the shredded coconut about 30 seconds until it is very fine.
- Add the coconut oil, honey and peppermint oil.
- Mix until a smooth paste has formed.
- Shape the paste into about 1½ inch size rounds (OR SMALLER) and place on a cookie sheet over parchment paper.
- Place the rounds in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler.
- Remove the shaped patties from the freezer and dip rounds in chocolate and place back on cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Pop back into fridge or freezer until ready to serve - about 5 minutes.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- NOTE: chocolate should be melted but cool - NOT hot as coconut mixture will melt very quickly when warm.
Original recipe found here: www.babystepstohealthyeats.com/young-living-peppermint-patties/
#peppermint #healthmatters #dfworganic
If you currently receive food from our Organic Food Service (Co-op Style or Boxed to your Door) , thank you! If you not, we would love to welcome you as a new customer. See organic food delivery for more details.