Everyone in my family LOVES this soup! I hope you do too! Rich in potassium, vitamin C and fiber. Lovely, lovely soup!
Organic food delivered every two weeks, year round. www.yourhealthsource.org
- In large soup pan, saute' onion in butter, then add other ingredients
- 3 Tbl. organic salt free butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 6 cloves of pressed/crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (or more if you like!)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3-4 quarts of water(we always make a TON..so we use 4 quarts and just keep adding ingredients until it seems right) Here you can use water, veggie broth, or chicken broth.
- 4-6 large potatoes, cut in bite size pieces (we leave the skin on)
- 1-3 heads of kale, cut with scissors into small pieces (use stems only if you cut them very small)
- I added thinly sliced carrots this time, but most often, it's just potatoes and kale.
- When the potatoes are very soft, take some out and blend them to make your soup creamy.