Delicious pumpkin pie made from all organic ingredients. Easy and nutritious. Pumpkin pie is something we look forward to every fall.
Organic food delivered every two weeks. www.yourhealthsource.org
- 3 cups organic pumpkin puree or we cook whole pumpkins on low heat - that makes them easy to pierce and dig out seeds and use the fresh cooked pumpkin, 3 cups
- 1/2 cup of honey (raw, unfiltered)
- 1/2 cup organic grade B maple syrup
- 1 TBS organic black strap molasses
- ¼ tsp organic ground cloves
- 2 tsp organic cinnamon
- ½ tsp organic nutmeg
- ¼ tsp organic ground ginger
- 1 ¼ tsp sea salt
- 4 farm or organic eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups organic almond milk (choose your favorite milk)
- Mix all ingredients in food processor or mixer. Pour into pie shell. (see whole wheat pie crust recipe)
- Bake 10 minutes at 450 degrees. Reduce heat to 350F and continue cooking for 1 hour or until set.
- This recipe is sooooo good! We buy cream and whip it with some maple syrup and vanilla for a tasty creamy topping!
- If you happen to have several pumpkins, bake them all and after de-seeding them, save the meat in glass mason jars and freeze. . .then you have ready pumpkin on hand.
If you currently receive food from our Organic Food Service (Co-op Style or Boxed to your Door) , thank you! If you not, we would love to welcome you as a new customer. See organic food delivery for more details.