Great for a cold fall or winter evening. Full of wholesome vegetables and protein rich quinoa. We especially love this if we are wanting to boost our immune system. Garlic always does the trick!
Organic food delivered every two weeks, year round. www.yourhealthsource.org
- 1 purple onion
- 4 TBL of butter
- 3 large cloves of garlic pressed
- Three containers (32 oz.) of the Imagine Organic chicken broth (can be purchased through co-op dry good list)
- 32 oz of water
- 2 lb bag of baby peeled carrots cut in half
- 1 bunch of celery
- 4 medium size russet potatoes
- 2/3 cup of quinoa (pronounced KEEN-WAH)
- 3 – 6 Tablespoons of really spicy hot sauce. (if you don't have a spicy hot sauce try using some Chili Powder to taste)
- 1 large can of muir glen organic whole or diced tomatoes puréed in blender
- Saute the onions and garlic in butter on medium until tender add broth and salsa add quiona, potatoes, celery and carrots then cook until tender add pureed tomatoes.
- Enjoy! Note: for a thicker soup scoop out 2 cups of the soup and puree in blender then add back in.
If you try this soup – let me know how you like it.