Enjoy something fresh for your next sweet treat! Strawberry cake make with whole grains.
Organic food delivered every two weeks, year round. www.yourhealthsource.org
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry flavored Jello or search for a health store alternative
- 1 cup organic butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 ¾ cups freshly milled wheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder (aluminum free)
- 1 ¼ cup whole organic milk
- 1 Tbl vanilla extract
- ½ cup strawberry puree made from blended organic strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- Ice the cake with the following well blended mixture:
- 1 stick of organic butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 block of cream cheese
- ¾ cup powdered organic sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup of blended strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 * 11 cake pan or two 9 inch round cake pans.
- Cream together butter, sugar and powdered jello. Beat in eggs one at a time, then combine flour and baking powder, stir into the batter along with milk. Blend in vanilla and strawberry puree. Pour into prepared pan or pans.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes or until a small knife or toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow cake(s) to cool in their pans for 15 - 20 minutes, then add icing.