Sweet potato hash browns are secretly amazing. We always eat every bit and there are never leftovers. Really! If you are looking for something fun and different and at the same time a nutritional home run you have found it! This is one of those recipes money can’t buy, it’s something you make yourself and can only be found at home sweet home.
Organic food delivered every two weeks see www.yourhealthsource.org.
- 5 medium size sweet potatoes
- 1/2 t of garlic powder
- 1/2 t of sea salt
- 1/4 cup of olive or coconut oil
- 1/2 pound block of raw mild cheddar cheese (we enjoy Organic Valley)
- Preheat oven at 350
- First I cut potatoes in a food processor, hashbrown size.
- Then cook in a double broiler pan for 10 minutes on Medium low.
- Place partially cook potatoes in a large bowl, carefull they are hot.
- Pour 1/4 cup of olive or coconut oil over the potatoes
- Add garlic powder and sea salt
- Mix together making sure all the potatoes are coated with oil.
- Place mixture on a large cookie sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes at 350
- Then pull out of oven and sprinkle cheese over the top of potatoes and place back in oven and change oven to broil for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to turn brown.
- Take out of the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Adding a small amount of cayenne pepper will add a new flavor.