Anyone craving zucchini? This is a NEW way to enjoy zukes. We paired this side dish with our pasta and meatball dinner and a beautiful kale salad.
Organic food delivered every two weeks, year round. www.yourhealthsource.org
- 1 lb. zucchini or squash (about 4 medium-sized)
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan (heaping)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (heaping), we used crushed Ak Mak crackers
- 1 tablespoon organic olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray lightly two baking sheets with non-stick spray
- Slice zucchini into 1/4 inch-thick rounds. Toss rounds with oil, coating well.
- In a wide bowl or plate, combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Place rounds in parmesan-breadcrumb mixture, coating both sides of each round, pressing to adhere. The mixture will not completely cover each round, but provides a light coating on each side.
- Place rounds in a single layer on baking sheets.
- Bake for about 22 to 27 minutes, until golden brown.
adapted from Ellie Krieger’s recipe in The Food You Crave: Luscious Recipes for a Healthy Life